How to cook Baked Garlic Tilapia
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or white pepper
- Rub the tilapia fillets with the crushed garlic, then place them in a shallow, non-reactive dish. Spoon the olive oil over the fish until they are coated. Place the onion on top of the tilapia fillets. Cover the fish and refrigerate overnight to allow the tilapia fillets to soak in the marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- If baking the tilapia fillets, transfer it to a 9x13 inch baking dish along with the olive oil, garlic, and onion. Sprinkle the tilapia fillets with the cayenne or white pepper. If you are grilling the tilapia fillets, wrap the fish and oil, garlic, onion, and pepper in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees F) for 30 minutes.
The Baked Garlic Tilapia is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe is not only suitable for making baked tilapia you can use it to prepare almost any type of white fish fillets as long as the fish is mild in flavour and firm-fleshed.
This recipe for Baked Garlic Tilapia serves/makes: 4
The Baked Garlic Tilapia recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Baked