How to cook Baked Hake Fillets with Tomatoes and Olives
- 4 Hake fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 1 pound baby plum tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 16 black olives
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put the tomatoes in a small roasting pan, drizzle with the olive oil and add the garlic. Roast for 20 minutes, then add the olives.
- Move the mixture aside and add the hake fillets to the pan, skin-side down. Baste them with a little of the flavored olive oil and roast for 12–15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the hake fillets, until just firm and flaking easily.
- Remove the pan from the oven and squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins. Gently mix them with the tomatoes and olives, trying not to break up the tomatoes too much. Season and spoon onto four plates place a piece of baked hake on top of each.
- Serve with spinach and mash.
The Baked Hake Fillets with Tomatoes and Olives is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy. This recipe is especially good for weight watchers and dieters.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
This recipe for Baked Hake Fillets with Tomatoes and Olives serves/makes: 4
The Baked Hake Fillets with Tomatoes and Olives recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Baked