3 - 4 servings
How to cook Baked Hake a la Provencal
- 1 pound hake fillets
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, cut into thick rings
- 2 ounces pitted green olives, cut into rings
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence (Provencal herbs)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Rinse the fish fillets under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut into serving size pieces and rub with salt, black pepper and Provencal herbs.
- Set aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan. Add the tomatoes with olives and lightly fry over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of water into a baking dish and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Lay the fish fillets in one layer, cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer the the baked hake to dinner plates and top with tomatoes with olives.
- Sprinkle with small pinch of Provencal herbs and serve hot with an easy side dish of your choice.
The Baked Hake a la Provencal
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
Instead of hake, you can use any saltwater white-fleshed fish fillets.
A la Provencale
(prov-on-sal) - Provence is a French maritime province that is famed for its wines and cuisine. The term is used to describe a dish, which uses products, which flourish, in the area of Provence, namely tomatoes, onions, garlic, and olives.
This recipe for Baked Hake a la Provencal serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Baked Hake a la Provencal recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Baked