How to cook Baked Hake and Shiitakes in Red Miso Soup
- 4 hake or Pacific cod fillets, about 6 ounces each and about 1 inch thick
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 pound sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 (1/2-ounce) single-serve packages dehydrated Red Miso Soup
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in middle.
- Pat hake fillets dry and place them in a small shallow baking pan and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon oil, then sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Toss mushrooms with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, then spread in another small shallow baking pan.
- Bake hake fillets and shiitake mushroom caps, stirring mushrooms once or twice, until fish is just cooked through and mushrooms are crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Red Miso Soup according to package instructions.
- Divide Red Miso Soup, mushrooms, and the baked hake fillets among 4 bowls and top with scallion.
The Baked Hake and Shiitakes in Red Miso Soup is a very affordable dish. So quick and easy to cook - healthy as well. Can be ready in 20 minutes.
Red Miso Soup and quick-baked mushrooms give hake a meaty umami boost.
This recipe for Baked Hake and Shiitakes in Red Miso Soup serves/makes: 4
The Baked Hake and Shiitakes in Red Miso Soup recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Baked