How to cook Baked Halibut Fillets in Foil Packets
- 6 halibut or flounder fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- Dash Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Heat salad oil in a large skillet; add onions, pepper and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Blend in flour until smooth and add remaining ingredients. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Place each halibut fillet on a large piece of foil and turn up the edges to form a cup. Spoon the sauce, evenly divided, over each portion. Fold 2 opposite sides loosely over the fish. Bring the other 2 sides together and fold over as for a seam. Bring down to make a loose package and tuck the ends underneath.
- Place packets in a pan and bake in a 350°F (180°C) oven for about 45 minutes, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily.
- Carefully open the packages from the top and eat from the foil. Serve the Baked Halibut Fillets in Foil Packets hot.
The Baked Halibut Fillets in Foil Packets recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Baked Halibut Fillets in Foil Packets serves/makes: 6 servings
The Baked Halibut Fillets in Foil Packets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Baked