How to cook Baked Herb Snapper Fillets
- 2 pounds fresh snapper fillets
- 1 to 2 cups mayonnaise and sour cream. Equal amounts mixed.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- Cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons key lime or lemon juice
- 1 large white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (sea salt is recommended)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat baking pan with olive oil.
- Cut onion into quarters, peel, and place in baking pan.
- Lay snapper fillets on top of onion. Baste with lime or lemon. Coat snapper fillets generously with mayonnaise blended with herbs and spices. Top with cracked pepper.
- Bake uncovered until fish flakes easily. (This depends on the thickness of the fillets.)
- Garnish with green herbs.
This recipe for Baked Herb Snapper Fillets serves/makes: 4
The Baked Herb Snapper Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Baked