4 - 6 servings
How to cook Baked Hoki with Carrot-Apple Sauce
- 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 pounds hoki (blue hake) bodies (cleaned, without head and tail), cut into 2-inch chunks
- 3-4 onion, sliced
- 3 carrots, grated on medium grater
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 apples, grated on medium grater
- Salt to taste
- Fish masala powder to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Olive oil for frying
- Season the hoki pieces with salt and masala powder; put them in a deep baking dish.
- Saute in olive oil onions and carrots until tender; add the apples, tomato puree; sprinkled with cinnamon and mix well. Spread this mixture evenly on top of the fish.
- Bake in a preheated to 355°F (180°C) oven for about 40 minutes.
- Serve the Baked Hoki with Carrot-Apple Sauce hot or cold with fresh vegetable salad, if desired.
The Baked Hoki with Carrot-Apple Sauce
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
The original Russian name of this dish is Riba pod Marinadom
- Baked Fish with Warm Carrot Sauce "Marinade".
This recipe for Baked Hoki with Carrot-Apple Sauce serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Baked Hoki with Carrot-Apple Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Baked