How to cook Baked Lemon Dill Catfish
- 4 catfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- Stir together mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon rind, lemon juice, dill, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Place half of mayonnaise mixture in another small bowl to serve with fish; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Rinse fillets, and pat dry with paper towels. Brush the catfish fillets evenly with remaining half of mayonnaise mixture; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Dredge fillets in breadcrumbs. Arrange fillets on a lightly greased rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
- Bake at 425°F (220°C) or until fish flakes with a fork and is opaque throughout.
- Serve the baked catfish fillets immediately with chilled mayonnaise mixture.
The Baked Lemon Dill Catfish recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Baked Lemon Dill Catfish serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Lemon Dill Catfish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Baked