How to cook Baked Mackerel with Onions
- 1 large mackerel
- 2 onions
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into half rings
- Gut the fish, cut off the head and tail. (The important thing is to remove the black film lining the cavity. You can either pull the edge of it with your fingers or scrape it off with a knife.)
- Rinse the fish well with cold water inside and out. Dry the cleaned fish with paper towels.
- Make several deep incisions crosswise on each side of the fish. Season with salt and pepper inside and out.
- Cut 1 onion into half rings another chop.
- Stuff the abdominal cavity of fish with chopped onion and arrange the onion half rings around the fish, if desired, season with salt.
- Place the fish in a baking dish greased with olive oil.
- Grease the top of fish with olive oil. Insert the lemon pieces into each upper incisions.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 400°F (200°C) for about 20 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and serve the Baked Mackerel with Onions with greens.
The Baked Mackerel with Onions
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Mackerel with Onions serves/makes: 2 servings
The Baked Mackerel with Onions recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Baked