How to cook Baked Mackerel with Zucchini
- 2 large mackerel
- 1 small zucchini, peeled and cut into half rings
- 1 onion, cut into half rings
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tomato, cut into rings
- 3-4 ounces hard cheese varieties (Parmesan, Gruyere, etc.), grated
- 3-4 whole allspice, crushed in a mortar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Gut the fish, cut off the head. (The important thing is to remove the black film lining the cavity. You can either pull the edge of it with your fingers or scrape it off with a knife.)
- Rinse the fish well with cold water inside and out. Dry the cleaned fish with paper towels. Cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Season fish with salt and allspice, add lemon juice and let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a suitable baking dish tightly put the fish pieces, alternating with zucchini and onions.
- Grease top with sour cream, lightly salt and lay the tomato rings.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 400°F (200°C) for 15-20 minutes until zucchini pieces are tender.
- Sprinkle liberally with grated cheese and bake until golden brown.
- Serve the Baked Mackerel with Zucchini hot.
The Baked Mackerel with Zucchini
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Mackerel with Zucchini serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Mackerel with Zucchini recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Baked