How to cook Baked Mahi-Mahi with Macadamia Nuts
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) mahi-mahi fillets
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) salted macadamia nuts*
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Rinse and pat dry mahi-mahi.
- Cut fish fillets diagonally into 4 (1-inch / 2.5-cm wide) pieces.
- Arrange pieces into a 12 1/2 x 8 1/2-inch (32 x 22-cm) baking dish, into a single layer.
- Rub fish with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Sprinkle half of macadamia nuts onto fillets.
- Pour unsweetened coconut milk all around fillets.
- Bake into preheated oven for 18 minutes, until opaque.
- Chop remaining nuts sprinkle over fillets.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation + cooking time: 30 minutes
Mahi-mahi is also called dolphin, dolphin-fish, dorado (sea bream).
* Macadamia nut: a small, two-kernel nut that almost tastes like almond.
This recipe for Baked Mahi-Mahi with Macadamia Nuts serves/makes: 4
The Baked Mahi-Mahi with Macadamia Nuts recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mahi-Mahi
Preparation Method: Baked