How to cook Baked Mako Shark Marinated in Citrus Juice
- 1 pound fresh Mako shark steaks (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all the marinade ingredients together in a medium size glass bowl and stir to mix evenly.
- Place the Mako shark steaks in the marinade so that they are completely covered.
- Place the bowl of fish and marinade in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 1 hour (turn once).
- Remove the shark steaks from the marinade and place in an oiled baking pan. Sprinkle with paprika as desired.
- Place in an oven preheated to 400°F. Cook for 10 minutes per inch of thickness or until the fish flakes easily.
For a better taste put the shark fillets or steaks in milk or buttermilk and soak overnight. That will draw out any unpleasantness.
The photo for the Baked Mako Shark Marinated in Citrus Juice recipe is submitted by Dennis - 09.08.2009
Dennis suggests to add shrimps to this dish and serve it with Spanish rice and cheese broccoli.
This recipe for Baked Mako Shark Marinated in Citrus Juice serves/makes: 3
The Baked Mako Shark Marinated in Citrus Juice recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shark
Preparation Method: Baked