How to cook Baked Marinated Bluefish
- 3 pounds bluefish fillets
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 Bermuda onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Place bluefish fillets in a shallow ceramic or enameled baking dish.
- Combine vinegar, onions, peppercorns, and allspice.
- Pour over bluefish fillets, turning to coat.
- Marinate, skin side up, at room temperature, for 1 hour.
- Pour off vinegar, but not onions or spices.
- Turn skin side down and spread top with sour cream.
- Bake bluefish fillets at 350 degrees F for 20 - 25 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Bluefish is a fatty, fine-textured fish, ranging from white to silver in color. Remove the dark, oily strip that runs down its center before cooking to avoid a fishy taste.
This recipe for Baked Marinated Bluefish serves/makes: 6
The Baked Marinated Bluefish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bluefish
Preparation Method: Baked