How to cook Baked Marinated Herring
- 2 - 3 pounds herring fillets
- Boil together all marinade ingredients for 10 minutes.
- Arrange herring fillets into a deep, oven-safe dish.
- Pour in boiling marinade.
- Bake in a preheated medium (375°F / 190°C) oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- 2 medium-size onions, sliced into rings
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 parsley sprig
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
Always throw away a bay leaf after cooking.
This recipe for Baked Marinated Herring serves/makes: 6
The Baked Marinated Herring recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Baked