How to cook Baked Monkfish Fillets with Nuts
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 kg) whole monkfish
- Ground pepper and salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) melted butter
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 French shallot, minced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cup (250 mL) lean fish stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) tamarind
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Skin and bone monkfish.
- Cut monkfish fillets into four servings, approximately 1 1/4-inch (3-cm) thick arrange into a non-stick fry pan.
- Sprinkle with ground pepper and salt brush with some of melted butter.
- Combine together remaining melted butter, finely chopped nuts, chopped parsley, breadcrumbs, minced shallot and lemon juice pepper and salt.
- Evenly coat fish servings with mixture.
- Bake into preheated oven until monkfish easily flakes to the fork.
- Meanwhile, into a small saucepan, combine all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Serve baked monkfish fillets, along with warm vinaigrette.
This recipe for Baked Monkfish Fillets with Nuts serves/makes: 4
The Baked Monkfish Fillets with Nuts recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Monkfish
Preparation Method: Baked