How to cook Baked Monkfish and Spices
- 1 nice 3-pound (1.5-kg) monkfish tail
- 10 1/2 ounces (300 g) celery hearts
- 5 1/4 ounces (150 g) butter
- Water, if needed
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) caraway
- Pinch of saffron
- 8 shallots
- 3 lemons
- 2 cups (500 mL) dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Arrange celery hearts.
- Melt celery hearts for at least 1 hour, into half (2 1/2 ounces / 75 g) of butter, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- If needed, while melting, pour in just a little water.
- Into a bowl, mix together caraway, saffron, a little salt and pepper coat fish tail with mixture.
- Peel and mince shallots.
- Cut lemons into segments.
- Sprinkle the bottom of an oblong pan, large enough for the fish tail, with minced shallots.
- Arrange fish tail over shallots scatter with remaining butter.
- Pour in dry white wine salt and pepper.
- Bake into a preheated 400°F (210°C) oven for 30 minutes.
- When fish is done, its flesh comes easily from its spine transfer into a dish and keep it warm.
- Reduce cooking juices to 1/2 cup (125 mL).
- Pour in cream, check for seasonings and bring to a boil, for just a few seconds.
- If desired, add a little caraway and saffron.
- Transfer fish tail onto a serving dish, along with celery hearts.
- Serve baked monkfish along with sauce, into a sauce boat.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 90 minutes
This recipe for Baked Monkfish and Spices serves/makes: 6
The Baked Monkfish and Spices recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Monkfish
Preparation Method: Baked