4 - 6 servings as an appetizer
How to cook Baked Mussels with Garlic and Cheese
- 1 pound fresh mussels
- 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup grated your favorite cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the mussels several times. Place in a bowl and cover with water. Place in the fridge and allow to soak for several hours, changing the water every hour or so.
- Wash the mussels again and pull off the beards. If they had been soaked sufficiently, the beards should come off easily.
- Place the mussels in a baking tray and pop in a preheated 355°F (180°C) oven for about 3 minutes or just until the mussels partially open.
- Let the mussels cool a bit, then break off the half shells, leaving the meat intact in the other half.
- Arrange the half shells on a baking tray, dot with grated garlic (a toothpick is recommended), sprinkle with grated cheese and drizzle with olive oil liberally.
- Bake in a preheated 355°F (180°C) oven for about a minute or just until the cheese melts.
- Serve the Baked Mussels with Garlic and Cheese hot.
The Baked Mussels with Garlic and Cheese
recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Tips on how to prepare mussels for cooking.
No, you don’t need salt because the cheese is salty enough. No, you don’t need pepper because the garlic will provide all the zing that the mussels need.
This recipe for Baked Mussels with Garlic and Cheese serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings as an appetizer
The Baked Mussels with Garlic and Cheese recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Baked