How to cook Baked Mussels with Potatoes
- 12 mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 5 dozen mussels, scrubbed, debearded, steamed open and left on the half shell
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 plum tomatoes, 3 sliced, and 3 peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Coat a wide baking pan, about 2 inches deep with olive oil, then cover the bottom with the potatoes. Salt and pepper the potatoes.
- Strew 2 tablespoons of the chopped parsley among the potatoes and pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil over them.
- Lay the tomato slices on top of the potatoes. Place the mussels side by side on the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over all. Moisten these with the remaining olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper, the remaining parsley and garlic. Strew the tomato chunks over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 325°F (165°C) oven for 1 hour.
The Baked Mussels with Potatoes recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Mussels with Potatoes serves/makes: 6 servings
The Baked Mussels with Potatoes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Baked