How to cook Baked Norwegian Trout in Foil
- 1 piece of Norwegian trout (steelhead or salmon), about 1 1/2 pounds
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2-3 lemon or lime slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Clean and rinse the fish well with cold water inside and out; pat dry with a paper towels.
- Make 2-3 diagonal incisions on either side of the trout piece.
- Combine in a bowl the cinnamon, ginger powder, garlic, olive oil, and salt. Mix well.
- Rub the fish thoroughly with the spicy mixture inside and out.
- Place the lemon or lime slices inside of the fish cavity and let stand to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Lay the fish on a piece of foil (large enough to completely wrap the piece of fish) and loosely wrap the fish and tightly seal the edges.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully unfold the aluminum foil and serve the baked Norwegian trout hot with an easy side dish of your choice.
- Goes well with mashed potatoes or steamed rice.
The Baked Norwegian Trout in Foil
recipe is very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Baked Norwegian Trout in Foil serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Norwegian Trout in Foil recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Baked