How to cook Baked Oyster Dish
- 2 cups (500 mL) oysters, with juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 sweet green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) oyster juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) jarred red pimento, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pie shell
- Drain oysters, reserving both, oysters and juice.
- Melt butter brown celery and green pepper dices.
- Stir in flour cook for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat stir in oyster juice and milk, until completely combined.
- Back over heat, cook mixture, stirring, until thickened salt and pepper.
- Delicately stir in chopped red pimento and reserved oysters.
- Pour into a greased, oven-proof dish.
- Top with pie shell ventilate.
- Bake into a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven, until golden brown.
Pimento (or pimiento) is the Spanish word for pepper. The pimento is a large red sweet pepper, heart shaped, with a sweeter flavor than a bell pepper.
This recipe for Baked Oyster Dish serves/makes: 4
The Baked Oyster Dish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Baked