How to cook Baked Parmesan Oyster with Bacon
- 36 shelled oysters
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cut into 1inch pieces
- 4 chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon Pernod (optional)
- 1/4 cup half and half (cream)
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 cube chicken bullion
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Coarse sea salt or rock salt
- Line a shallow baking pan with heavy aluminum foil and spread enough sea salt to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Scrub the oysters. Open the oysters carefully and leave them on the half shell. Set them in the baking pan.
- Boil 2 cups of water and dissolve the chicken bullion. Add the spinach and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain the liquid, chop the spinach (not too fine) and return the spinach back into the saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients and heat thoroughly. Place a generous amount of the spinach stuffing and one piece of bacon on top of each oyster.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400°F.
This recipe for Baked Parmesan Oyster with Bacon serves/makes: 6
The Baked Parmesan Oyster with Bacon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Baked