How to cook Baked Pike Fillets
- 2 pike fillets (approximately 2 pounds / 1 kg)
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup (115 g) grated white Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cut fillets into 4 parts.
- Seasoon breadcrumbs with thyme, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Dip fillets into milk, then into seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Transfer fillets into a buttered glass oven-safe dish.
- Pour in milk and remaining breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle with chopped celery, onion and then, with grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 minutes, until fish flesh can easily be broken-up with a fork.
Serve with baked potatoes, string beans and cherry tomatoes.
This recipe for Baked Pike Fillets serves/makes: 4
The Baked Pike Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Baked