How to cook Baked Pink Ling with Mushroom Sauce
- 2 pink ling (kingklip) bodies, without heads and tails (about 10 - 12 ounces each)
- 6-7 potatoes
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 carrot, grated on a medium grater
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounces butter (1/4 stick cut along into 2 pieces)
- Salt to taste
Mushroom Cream Sauce:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Mix of olive oil and butter for frying
- 5-6 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 ounce cream 20%
- 1 tablespoon nuts, crushed into breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 5-6 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- Season the fish pieces with salt and drizzle with lemon juice. Place it in the refrigerator to marinate for a while.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut into medium pieces. Fry it in olive oil on all sides over high heat. Put in a baking dish in a single layer and season with salt.
- Fry the chopped onion over high heat, stirring occasionally. Spread it in the dish over the potatoes; add bell pepper, carrots and garlic.
- Insert the butter pieces inside the cavity of each fish; then place the fish in the dish on top of the vegetables.
- Send in the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Meanwhile, prepare the Mushroom Cream Sauce: saute the onion in olive oil with butter, until translucent. Add the chopped mushrooms.
- When well browned, add the cream, walnuts and mustard. A minute later add cheese and chopped parsley; stir and remove from heat.
- Serve the Baked Pink Ling hot with baked vegetables and the Mushroom Cream Sauce.
The Baked Pink Ling with Mushroom Cream Sauce
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
If you have difficulties to buy pink ling
in the States, you can substitute cod, monkfish, red snapper, halibut, sea bass, grouper, tilefish, or a mixture.
This recipe for Baked Pink Ling with Mushroom Sauce serves/makes: 6 servings
The Baked Pink Ling with Mushroom Cream Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pink Ling
(more Pink Ling
Preparation Method: Baked