How to cook Baked Pink Salmon with Cheese
- 1 pound center cut pink salmon or salmon body
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 ounces cheese, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 465°F (240°C).
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the salmon body into 2-inch steaks, then remove the spine and all bones from each steak.
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of water into a baking dish and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Lay the steaks in one layer in the baking dish skin side down and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and set aside to marinate.
- In a frying pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and slightly fry the onion and carrot over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Spread the vegetable mixture evenly on top of the fish.
- Then rub top with mayo and sprinkle with breadcrumbs over all.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Then remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake again for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve the Baked Pink Salmon with Cheese hot with an easy side dish of your choice.
The Baked Pink Salmon with Cheese
is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Baked Pink Salmon with Cheese serves/makes: 3 servings
The Baked Pink Salmon with Cheese recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Baked