How to cook Baked Plaice with Mushrooms in Orange Juice
- 2 whole plaice (flounder), about 10 ounces each
- Salt and seasoning for fish to taste
- 6-7 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 onions, cut into thin half rings
- Juice of 2 oranges, about 1/2 cup
- 3 1/2 ounces dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Scored a dark skin of plaice. Cut the head and guts at once and then cut off tail and fins around the fish. (It is very convenient to do it with a kitchen scissors.)
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and seasoning for fish and set aside to marinate.
- Lay the mixture of onions and mushrooms on the bottom of a baking dish and place on top the fish.
- In a bowl combine orange juice, wine and olive oil. Mix thoroughly and pour in the baking dish.
- Wrap with baking paper or foil (or cover with a lid) and bake in a preheated oven for about 20-30 minutes.
- Transfer the baked plaice to dinner plates and top with onions and mushrooms; pour the cooking juice over the fish.
- Garnish this dish with parsley and serve hot with boiled potatoes or rice.
The Baked Plaice with Mushrooms
in Orange Juice is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Baked Plaice with Mushrooms in Orange Juice serves/makes: 2 servings
The Baked Plaice with Mushrooms in Orange Juice recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Baked