How to cook Baked Pollock with Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds pollock fillets
- 4-5 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 465°F (240°C).
- Rinse the fish fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut into serving size pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and set aside to marinate.
- In a frying pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and slightly fry the onion and mushrooms over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of water into a baking dish and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place the fish pieces in one layer in the baking dish and spread the mixture of onion and mushrooms evenly on top of the fish.
- Cover the baking dish with a foil and bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the baked pollock with mushrooms to dinner plates and serve hot with steamed plain rice or mashed potatoes.
The Baked Pollock with Mushrooms
is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
Instead of pollock, you can use any saltwater white-fleshed fish fillets.
This recipe for Baked Pollock with Mushrooms serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Pollock with Mushrooms recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pollock
Preparation Method: Baked