How to cook Baked Porgy Fillets with Mushrooms in Foil
- 2 porgy (scup) fillets, about 8 ounces each
- 7 - 8 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 small potato, diced (optional)
- Season the porgy (scup) fillets with salt and pepper.
- Fold aluminum in half and place fish on the foil.
- Add mushrooms and onions, you can add the diced potatoes. Dot with butter.
- Fold over top half of foil and fold edges to seal.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 475°F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; foil should puff up. Cut open foil, being careful of escaping steam.
- Take a fork or knife and stick the fish in the thickest part and try to pull a flake of meat away from the bone. If meat pulls away and flakes, it is done.
- Garnish with mushrooms, onion, parsley, potatoes if desired and serve the Baked Porgy Fillets with Mushrooms immediately.
The Mediterranean Baked Porgy Fillets with Mushrooms in Foil is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
, also known as scup, is a lean fish with a coarse texture and delicate flavor, consisting of a large family of fish found in temperate and tropical waters all over the world.
This recipe for Baked Porgy Fillets with Mushrooms in Foil serves/makes: 2 servings
The Baked Porgy Fillets with Mushrooms in Foil recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Porgy
Preparation Method: Baked