How to cook Baked Red Sea Bream Fillets with Rice
- 2 red sea bream fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 2 inches piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
For the rice:
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch salad onions, finely shredded and washed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 5 ounces sachet Merchant Gourmet Nanjing Black Rice
- 3 thin slices fresh root ginger
- In a medium-sized pan, fry the mushrooms and half of the salad onions in the sesame oil over gentle heat for 2 minutes, or until softened. Empty the sachet of rice and add the sliced ginger and 2 cups boiling water to the pan. Stir well, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is tender and all the water has been absorbed. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F. Using a sharp knife cut 4 diagonal slashes into each fillet. Mix together the ginger, garlic, chilli and soy sauce and spread over the red sea bream fillets, especially into the cuts. Place the fish on a non-stick baking tray, cover loosely with foil and steam in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the flesh is opaque.
- To serve, remove the slices of ginger from the rice. Divide the rice between 2 warmed dinner plates and place the baked red sea bream fillets on top. Garnish with the remaining salad onions.
This Baked Red Sea Bream Fillets with Rice recipe from New Zealand cooks the fish by steaming it in the oven in its own juices for a tasty, healthy meal.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total time: 40 to 45 minutes
This recipe for Baked Red Sea Bream Fillets with Rice serves/makes: 2
The Baked Red Sea Bream Fillets with Rice recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Baked
Cuisine: New Zealand
(more New Zealand