How to cook Baked Red Snapper Italian Style
- 1 whole (about 3 pounds) red snapper or sea bass
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian cheese
- 1 small can tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (Romano, etc.)
- Mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Onion slices
- 3 lemon slices
- Mix bread crumbs, grated cheese and 3 finely chopped mint leaves. Stuff the red snapper, close and fasten with toothpicks.
- Grease baking pan with tablespoon of oil and place fish on it. Slit fish on upturned side and in each slit, place 1 small piece of Italian cheese, 1 small slice of onion, and 1 mint leaf.
- Pour tomatoes over fish and arrange 3 thin slices of lemon on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 1 hour, basting often. Cover during last 15 minutes of baking.
The Baked Red Snapper Italian Style is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Baked Red Snapper Italian Style serves/makes: 6
The Baked Red Snapper Italian Style recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Baked