6 - 8
How to cook Baked Red Snapper with Ricotta Stuffing
- 1 whole red snapper (about 3 1/2 pounds )
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons melted fat or oil
- Lemon slices, to garnish
- Parsley sprigs, to garnish
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 cups bread crumbs
- 1 cup Ricotta
- 1/4 cup diced peeled lemon
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Clean, wash and dry fish. Sprinkle inside and out with salt.
- To prepare Ricotta Stuffing: Saute celery and onion in 1/4 cup of olive oil until soft. Remove from heat and combine with remaining ingredients, blending well.
- Stuff fish loosely. Close opening with small skewers or wooden toothpicks.
- Place fish in a well-greased baking dish, brush with 2 tablespoons of fat or oil and bake 40 to 60 minutes, or until fish flakes easily. Baste occasionally during cooking.
- Remove skewers; garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of parsley.
The Baked Red Snapper with Ricotta Stuffing recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Baked Red Snapper with Ricotta Stuffing serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Baked Red Snapper with Ricotta Stuffing recipe is adopted from the Polly-O Cooking with Cheese Recipe Book - 1977.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Baked