3 - 4 servings
How to cook Baked Rockfish (Striped Bass) Fillets with Vegetables
- 3 - 4 rockfish (striped bass) fillets, preferably thicker
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion (1/2 cut into small dice and 1/2 cut into half rings)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeds and bridges removed and julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into small-medium dice
- 1 medium zucchini or young squash, cut into small-medium dice
- 1 large leek (use only the white and light green parts)
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rinse the rockfish fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle fish with lemon juice, cover and leave for half an hour.
- Cut the leeks lengthwise and wash thoroughly under running water, fanning the layers of the leek like a deck of cards to remove any grit hidden in between. Cut into half rings, using the white and light green parts only.
- Take a dish that will go both in the oven and on top of the stove and is large enough. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook, over medium heat, the diced onion, carrots, zucchini and leek with a pinch of salt, stirring frequently until soft, about 7 minutes. Lightly season with pepper and set aside.
- To prepare our topping in a small pan heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook the half rings of onion and bell pepper with a pinch of salt and sugar, stirring frequently, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Lay the marinated fillets in the dish over cooked vegetables. Spread the topping of onions and bell peppers over the fish.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-25 minutes, depending on the thickness of rockfish fillets.
- Serve the baked fish immediately as a main dish. As a side dish use cooked vegetables.
The Baked Rockfish (Striped Bass) Fillets
with Vegetables is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Baked Rockfish (Striped Bass) Fillets with Vegetables serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Baked Rockfish (Striped Bass) Fillets with Vegetables recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Baked