How to cook Baked Rockfish Veracruz
- 1 pound skinless rockfish, snapper or cod fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 to 10 ounces tomatoes, cored and chopped or 2 cans (15 ounces each) whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup small pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno oregano and cumin; cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes more. Stir in olives and capers; set aside.
- Spray 11x7-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place fish in single layer in pan, folding thin tail sections under to make fish evenly thick. Pour tomato mixture over fish. Cover with foil; bake 10 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Serve with rice and garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
The Baked Rockfish Veracruz recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Baked Rockfish Veracruz serves/makes: 4
The Baked Rockfish Veracruz recipe is adopted from the Great Garlic Recipes - 1997.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Baked