How to cook Baked Salmon Fillet and Peaches
- 1 large skinless salmon fillet (about 1.5 - 2 pounds)
- Salt, to taste
- Canned sliced peaches, including the syrup
- Some chopped fresh or dry parsley (I used dry)
- Melted butter
- Cut horizontal slits on the salmon fillet about 1 1/2 apart and about 1/2 inch deep. (Make sure you do not cut all the way through the salmon flesh so that the fillet remains in one piece.)
- Salt the salmon and make sure that salt gets into those slits.
- Line a baking tray with foil then top with baking paper. Carefully position the salted salmon fillet on the lined baking tray.
- Take the peach slices and a piece into each slit.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley.
- Drizzle about 1/2 cup of peach syrup over the fish.
- Bake in a 475°F (245°C) oven for 10 minutes then lower the heat to 425°F (220°C) and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven. By holding the edges of the foil lining, transfer the fish, foil and all, onto a platter. Cut off the excess foil and paper.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the salmon and peaches.
- Brown the top of the baked salmon by using a kitchen (butane) torch or by broiling the fish in the oven broiler.
- If broiling, set the broiler to the highest temperature, place the fish about six inches from the heat and broil just until the top browns slightly.
- Serve the Baked Salmon Fillet and Peaches at once.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
The Baked Salmon Fillet and Peaches recipe easy to cook and so good!
There are no real measurements for this recipe as everything depends on the size of the salmon fillet. I can tell you though that a can of peaches is more than enough. Including preparation time, this dish cooks in 30 minutes.
If you’re thinking of serving a fish dish for the New Year’s Eve party, I wouldn’t be shy to recommend this. The sweetness of the peaches mixing with the slightly salty salmon and the richness of butter was great.
This recipe for Baked Salmon Fillet and Peaches serves/makes: 6 servings
The Baked Salmon Fillet and Peaches recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Baked