How to cook Baked Salmon Ring
- 1 (15 to 15 1/2-ounce / 425 to 440-g) can salmon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped sweet green pepper
- 1/2 cup (115 g) grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) dill
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) tarragon
- Pinch pepper
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) mayonnaise
- Enough dough for 2 (9-inch / 23-cm) pie shells
- Reserved salmon juices or milk
- Drain salmon, reserving juices if desired, to use instead of milk.
- Mix together salmon, chopped celery and green pepper, grated Cheddar cheese, dill, tarragon, pepper and mayonnaise.
- Roll dough into an 18 x 5-inch (45 x 12-cm) rectangle.
- Spread dough with salmon mixture, up to 1/2 inch (2.5 cm) from the sides.
- Starting at larger end, roll dough moisten and seal edge.
- Shape into a ring arrange ring onto a baking sheet, seam side down.
- Slit dough into many places brush with reserved salmon juices or milk.
- Bake into a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until golden brown and fluffy.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Baking time: 30 to 40 minutes
This recipe for Baked Salmon Ring serves/makes: 8
The Baked Salmon Ring recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Baked