How to cook Baked Salmon with Papaya Cucumber Sauce
- 1 whole salmon or 8 salmon trouts
- 2 cups (500 mL) freshly sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) finely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) well packed freshly chopped spinach
- 1 thinly sliced lemon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) freshly chopped dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 fresh dill sprigs
Papaya Cucumber Sauce Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash and delicately dry fish arrange fish into a greased oven-proof pan.
- Into a microwave safe dish, mix together mushroom slices and chopped green onion.
- Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Microwave together mushroom slices and chopped green onion on 'MAXIMUM', for 2 minutes.
- Then saute mushroom slices and green onions into a frypan, over medium heat.
- Mix in freshly chopped spinach.
- Stuff fish with mixture do not secure opening(s).
- Arrange lemon slices all over fish sprinkle with freshly chopped dill, salt and pepper.
- Bake into preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare papaya cucumber sauce.
- Skin fish discard.
- Using 2 spatulas, delicately transfer fish onto a large serving plate.
- Pour papaya cucumber sauce all around.
How to cook Papaya Cucumber Sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) unpeeled English cucumber dices
- 2 cups (500 mL) peeled papaya dices
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) white wine vinegar or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) freshly chopped dill
- Into a large bowl, mix together English cucumber and papaya dices, white wine vinegar or lime juice and chopped dill.
- Pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, drain mixture.
This dish is also excellent prepared with unpeeled red apples and diced mangoes or melon.
This recipe for Baked Salmon with Papaya Cucumber Sauce serves/makes: 8
The Baked Salmon with Papaya Cucumber Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Baked