How to cook Baked Salmon with Remoulade Sauce
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Cajun seasoning, to taste
- 1 3/4 cups corn niblets (fresh, frozen, or canned, drained)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ketchup, chili sauce, or cocktail sauce
- 1 tablespoon grainy or Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry OR 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- TO COOK REMOULADE SAUCE: Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Spread corn and diced tomatoes on a baking sheet that has been covered with aluminum foil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, scrape into a medium bowl and set aside to cool. When cool, add lemon juice, mayonnaise, sour cream, ketchup, mustard, green onions, parsley and Worcestershire.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- TO BAKE SALMON: Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the salmon fillets on the baking sheet, skin side down, and sprinkle to taste with the Cajun seasoning.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 10 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet, slipping a metal spatula between the skin and flesh of the fish, leaving the skin behind.
- TO SERVE: Place the baked salmon fillets on individual dinner plates and top with 1/4 cup of the remoulade sauce.
The Baked Salmon with Remoulade Sauce
recipe easy to cook and so good!
, or other firm-fleshed fish can be used in place of the salmon
Leftover sauce can be kept in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
Although this recipe calls for salmon, the sauce is wonderful with all types of fish and is also great with fried catfish, crab cakes and pan-seared scallops. You will have leftover sauce, so toss it with some boiled and peeled shrimp and serve on a bed of lettuce for a delicious salad.
This recipe for Baked Salmon with Remoulade Sauce serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Salmon with Remoulade Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Baked