How to cook Baked Salmon with Tamarind-Mayo Topping
- 4 salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tamarind base powder
- Wash salmon fillets under cold running water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and let stand for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and tamarind base powder. Stir until blended.
- Spoon tamarind-mayo mixture over fillets and spread across top to fully cover.
- Bake in a 400°F (200°C) oven for about 15 - 20 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork and top is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Serve the Baked Salmon with Tamarind-Mayo Topping hot with steamed white rice and any your favorite seafood salad.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
The Baked Salmon with Tamarind-Mayo Topping recipe so quick and easy to cook - healthy as well.
I love mayo on my salmon, it’s almost impossible to overcook the fish! The thin film of mayo slathered on top of the fillet creates a protective crust which keeps the fish super moist and flavorful, even if it stayed in the oven a tad longer than it should.
This recipe for Baked Salmon with Tamarind-Mayo Topping serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Salmon with Tamarind-Mayo Topping recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Baked