4 - 6 servings
How to cook Baked Sardines with Oregano and Lemon
- 10-12 large fresh sardines
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Juice and zest (finely chopped) from 1 lemon
- Oregano to taste
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Olive or vegetable oil
- Cut the fish head.
- Using scissors or a knife, cut along the belly from head to tail and remove the entrails.
- Rinse the fish under running cold water.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rub sardines with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sardines on a backing dish (that the fish do not touch each other).
- Insert 2 slices of lemon inside each sardine.
- Sprinkle sardines with lemon juice, zest and oregano.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until done.
- Serve the Baked Sardines with Oregano and Lemon hot with lemon and greens.
The Baked Sardines with Oregano and Lemon
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Sardines with Oregano and Lemon serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Baked Sardines with Oregano and Lemon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sardines
Preparation Method: Baked