How to cook Baked Scrod Cod with Mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh scrod cod fillets, cut into single serving pieces
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dry tarragon, or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place vinegar, oil, mustard, tarragon and pepper in a large bowl and whisk together to make a marinade.
- Rinse the scrod cod pieces and pat them dry. Add fish to marinade and turn the scrod cod pieces to ensure a good coat. Let fish stand in marinade for 15 minutes.
- Place the marinated scrod cod in a shallow baking pan (overlapping thin edges) and top with any remaining marinade.
- Bake uncovered approximately 7 minutes (for 3/4 inch thick pieces) or until fish is opaque in color throughout.
This recipe for Baked Scrod Cod with Mustard serves/makes: 4
The Baked Scrod Cod with Mustard recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Baked