2 - 4 servings
How to cook Baked Sea Bass with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- 2 whole sea bass (or sea bream, walleye), about 3/4 to 1 pound each
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed with a knife and skin removed
- A small bunch fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into half rings
- A few cherry tomatoes, cut into half
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Black and green olives, cut into rings to garnish
- A few basil leaves to garnish
- For Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce:
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 fresh tomato
- 1/2 to 3/4 ounce cheese (I used Graviera)
- For the sauce: Combine all three ingredients and process in a blender until smooth. Place in the refrigerator.
- Carefully clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills, cut off fins. Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Make 3 deep incisions crosswise on each side of the fish. Season with salt and pepper inside and out.
- Place a few parsley sprig and crashed garlic in cavity of each fish.
- Place the fish on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Insert the lemon pieces into each upper incisions.
- Arrange the halves of cherry tomatoes around the fish.
- Drizzle the fish and tomatoes with olive oil. Season slightly the tomatoes with salt.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 355°F (180°C) for about 20-25 minutes, until fish flesh can easily be broken-up with a fork.
- Transfer the bake fish on a serving plate, garnish with tomatoes, olive rings and basil leaves.
- Serve immediately with cool sun-dried tomato sauce.
The Baked Sea Bass
with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Baked Sea Bass with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce serves/makes: 2 - 4 servings
The Baked Sea Bass with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Baked