How to cook Baked Sea Bream in Salt Crust
- 1 whole sea bream (or sea bass, walleye), about 1 pound, the entrails and gills removed but not scaled
- 2 three-pound box kosher salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Add water to moisten the salt.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lay 1/3 of salt on the baking sheet.
- Brush the fish with sunflower oil and place on top of the salt.
- Lay out the remaining salt on the fish and press.
- Bake in preheated oven (350°F / 180°C) for 50 minutes.
- When the fish is ready, break open the salt crust and brush off excess salt with a brush.
- To prepare sauce mix together lemon juice, oil and crushed garlic.
- Serve the Baked Sea Bream hot with Lemon-Garlic Sauce.
The Baked Sea Bream in Salt Crust
dish - easy to prepare and a healthy one too.
This is an extremely simple way of cooking the whole Sea Bream. The idea is to prevent the char from getting dry and to keep all the juices and aromas inside.
This recipe for Baked Sea Bream in Salt Crust serves/makes: 2 servings
The Baked Sea Bream in Salt Crust recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Baked