How to cook Baked Seafood in Foil
- 1 1/2 red mullet, striped bass or haddock fillets
- 1 pound live mussels
- 4 squids
- 8 large raw shrimps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil leaves
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
For Tomato Sauce:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 can (15-16 ounces) chopped Italian tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) before cooking.
- Heat the olive oil and gently fry the garlic and shallots for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes, breaking the tomatoes down with the wooden spoon.
- Add the parsley and basil, season to taste with salt and pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes. Reserve and keep warm.
- Lightly rinse the fish fillets and cut into four portions.
- Scrub the mussels thoroughly, removing the beard and any barnacles from the shells.
- Clean the squid and cut into rings.
- Peel the shrimps and remove the thin black intestinal vein that runs down the back.
- Cut four large pieces of tinfoil, then place them on a large baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Place one fish portion in the center of each piece of tinfoil.
- Close the tinfoil to form parcels, and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then remove.
- Carefully open up the parcels and add the mussels, squid and shrimps.
- Pour in the wine and spoon over a little of the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with the basil leaves and return to he oven and bake for 5 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.
- Discard any unopened mussels, then garnish with lemon wedges and serve with the extra tomato sauce.
The Baked Seafood in Foil recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Baked Seafood in Foil serves/makes: 6
The Baked Seafood in Foil recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Baked