How to cook Baked Sesame Swordfish Steaks
- 4 swordfish steaks (8 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup fish stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread out the sesame seeds in a small baking pan. Place in oven and toast the seeds until they are lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Check after 3 minutes and if the seeds are not done, shake the pan and continue to toast, watching carefully to prevent burning. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Raise the oven temp to 375 degrees F. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a skillet until very hot. Quickly sear the swordfish on both sides, 1 minute per side.
- Transfer the fish to a baking dish, but retain the skillet.
- Pour the fish stock into the baking dish, and bake until the fish flakes slightly, 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining1 tablespoon oil to the skillet, and saute the scallions for one minute.
- Serve the fish garnished with scallions and sesame seeds.
Swordfish, which really is flavorful, can easily be found in fish markets.
Swordfish can be replaced with fresh tuna
This recipe for Baked Sesame Swordfish Steaks serves/makes: 4
The Baked Sesame Swordfish Steaks recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Swordfish
Preparation Method: Baked