8 - 10 servings
How to cook Baked Shad Stuffed with Roe
- 1 whole (about 2 pounds) shad, cleaned, gutted, and boned
- 1/4 cup onions, minced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup celery, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces shad roe
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 strips bacon, cut in half
- Juice from one lemon
- Melt butter. Sauté onions, bell pepper, and celery until tender. Add bread crumbs, break up roe, salt, and pepper. Mix well and cook lightly.
- Place shad in buttered baking dish, flesh side up. Stuff cavities of shad where bones were removed.
- Cover and bake for 20 to 25 minutes in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven. Put a little water around edge to keep the shad from drying out.
- When about 3 minutes of cooking time is left, place bacon strips across the top to finish. Drip juice from one lemon on top.
- Serve the Baked Shad Stuffed with Roe hot.
The Baked Shad Stuffed with Roe recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Baked Shad Stuffed with Roe serves/makes: 8 - 10 servings
The Baked Shad Stuffed with Roe recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Baked