How to cook Baked Shad With Celery
- 1 shad, medium size (about 2 - 2 1/2 pounds), cut in 4 pieces
- 3 cups water
- 1 stalk celery, washed, peeled, cut in large pieces
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 onions, peeled, chopped
- Seasonings to taste
- Boil the water with the seasonings.
- Put in the celery and boil for 10 minutes.
- Put in a baking pan the shad, onions and butter.
- Pour over them the celery and the water in which the celery has been cooked.
- Sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
- Bake shad in moderate oven for about 30 minutes, then serve.
The Baked Shad Roe with Potatoes a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Baked Shad With Celery serves/makes: 4
The Baked Shad With Celery recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shad
Preparation Method: Baked