How to cook Baked Shrimp Scampi
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Arrange shrimp in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine all remaining ingredients except the bread crumbs.
- Heat until the butter has melted, stirring.
- Pour evenly over the shrimp, reserving 2 tablespoon of the butter mixture.
- Add the reserved butter mixture to the bread crumbs and mix well. Sprinkle crumbs over shrimp.
- Bake at 450°F (230°C) for 8 - 10 minutes or until browned.
The Baked Shrimp Scampi recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook. If you want, you can double the sauce so it makes enough to use as a sauce for pasta.
is the name for a style of preparation typically for seafood, and is also used as a culinary name for some species of prawn. In Ireland, the United Kingdom and the USA, the word has come to define the method of preparation rather than the ingredient, although referring to quite different methods. The term "scampi", by itself, is also the name of a dish of shrimp served in garlic butter and dry white wine, served either with bread, or over pasta or rice. The word "scampi" is often construed as that style of preparation rather than an ingredient, with that preparation being called "shrimp scampi", and with variants such as "chicken scampi".
This recipe for Baked Shrimp Scampi serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Shrimp Scampi recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Baked