How to cook Baked Smelt or Capelin in Foil
- 1 1/2 pounds freshly frozen smelt or capelin, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 bay leaves
- Juices of 1 lemon
- Rinse capelin with cold water and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay out in several layers on the foil. Add a couple of bay leaves. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Wrap up the foil around the fish and fold in all sides tightly so that no steam.
- Place in the oven and bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully open the foil and bake for another 10 minutes until golden.
- Serve the Baked Smelt or Capelin in Foil hot with boiled potatoes or mashed potatoes and fresh vegetable salad.
The Baked Smelt or Capelin in Foil
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Smelt or Capelin in Foil serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Smelt or Capelin in Foil recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Smelt
Preparation Method: Baked