4 (6 snails per person)
How to cook Baked Snails
- 24 giant snails, cleaned and wiped-dry
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) softened butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 24 snail shells
- 24 small cubes Gruyere cheese
- Into a bowl, well mix together butter, chives, garlic and lemon juice.
- Season to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Arrange 1 snail into each shell evenly stuff each shell with butter mixture.
- Top butter mixture with a cube of Gruyere cheese.
- Bake into a preheated 375°F (180°C) oven, open side of shells on top, onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, to completely melt cheese.
Serve along with a crusty bread, already warmed-up in oven, wrapped in foil.
If you do not have any snail shells, use special snail plates.
This recipe for Baked Snails serves/makes: 4 (6 snails per person)
The Baked Snails recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snails
Preparation Method: Baked