How to cook Baked Snapper with Tomato Orange Sauce
- 4 red snapper, grouper, or other firm white fish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 cups chopped red tomato (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped yellow tomato (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Combine tomatoes, onion, wine, orange rind, orange juice, turmeric, and garlic in an 11x7-inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.
- Arrange fish on top of tomato mixture. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil; bake 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
The Baked Snapper with Tomato Orange Sauce recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Serving size: 1 fish fillet and 1 cup of sauce. Serve this dish with a side of couscous to capture the sauce. (Since you don't really like couscous - serve it with hot steamed rice.)
This recipe for Baked Snapper with Tomato Orange Sauce serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Snapper with Tomato Orange Sauce recipe is adopted from The Cooking Light Magazine.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Baked