4 - 5 servings
How to cook Baked Sockeye Salmon with Potatoes
- 4-5 sockeye salmon or pink salmon steaks, about 5 ounces in weight and 1 inch thick each
- 3 pounds potatoes, peel and cut into medium pieces
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5-6 tablespoons butter, soften
- 2 teaspoons seasoning for fish
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Rinse the fish steaks and pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle them with lemon juice and season with salt, pepper and seasoning for fish. Set aside to marinate.
- Boil the potatoes in a saucepan until half-done, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and toss with 3-4 tablespoons of butter until butter is melted.
- Grease a baking tray or dish with olive oil and lay the potatoes on the bottom and season with salt, pepper and seasoning for fish.
- Bake in a preheated oven in the high rack position for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray and turn the potatoes over.
- Lay the fish steaks on top and put a few pieces of remaining butter on each steak.
- Continue to bake in the medium rack position for about 15 minutes more, until the fish is firm and opaque, and easy to flake with fork.
- Serve the Baked Sockeye Salmon with Potatoes hot with fresh vegetables.
The Baked Sockeye Salmon
with Potatoes recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Sockeye Salmon with Potatoes serves/makes: 4 - 5 servings
The Baked Sockeye Salmon with Potatoes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Baked